Clever Gut Vegetable Broth
- 12 cups water
- 1 large onion, quartered and skin left on
- 2 large carrots, peeled, washed and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 leeks, trimmed and washed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot. Bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on for about an hour.
- Strain the broth through a colander, then once more through a fine sieve. If the broth tastes weak, pour it back into the pot and simmer for another 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
If you’re having trouble falling and staying Fast Asleep, you may benefit from an evidence-based diet and lifestyle approach like The Fast 800 programme. Co-founded by Dr Michael Mosley, The Fast 800 online programme is designed to help members lose weight and regain their health with food, exercise and mindfulness guidance based on science. Poor-quality sleep is common among those who are overweight, and many of The Fast 800 online programme members report an improvement in their sleep and mood while following the programme. Learn more.