Clever Gut Vegetable Broth
- 12 cups water
- 1 large onion, quartered and skin left on
- 2 large carrots, peeled, washed and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 leeks, trimmed and washed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot. Bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on for about an hour.
- Strain the broth through a colander, then once more through a fine sieve. If the broth tastes weak, pour it back into the pot and simmer for another 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!