Healthy Cooked Cinnamon Apples with Yoghurt and Walnuts
- ¾ cup water
- 8 medium sized green apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 400g of Greek yoghurt
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spread the walnuts into a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast the nuts for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Whilst the nuts are roasting, chop the apples into evenly sized pieces. Place a skillet over low heat and add the water, apple pieces and the cinnamon. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally (the apples will turn soft when they are done). You may need to add some extra water whilst the apples are cooking.
- Next, distribute the yoghurt into four bowls. Top with the apples and sprinkle over the walnuts. Enjoy!
- Make sure you chose a Greek yoghurt that contains live or active cultures!
- Apples are a good source of prebiotics, and you can also cool and store the cooked apples in the fridge for a couple of days.