Healthy Cooked Cinnamon Apples with Yoghurt and Walnuts
- ¾ cup water
- 8 medium sized green apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 400g of Greek yoghurt
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spread the walnuts into a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast the nuts for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Whilst the nuts are roasting, chop the apples into evenly sized pieces. Place a skillet over low heat and add the water, apple pieces and the cinnamon. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally (the apples will turn soft when they are done). You may need to add some extra water whilst the apples are cooking.
- Next, distribute the yoghurt into four bowls. Top with the apples and sprinkle over the walnuts. Enjoy!
- Make sure you chose a Greek yoghurt that contains live or active cultures!
- Apples are a good source of prebiotics, and you can also cool and store the cooked apples in the fridge for a couple of days.
If you’re having trouble falling and staying Fast Asleep, you may benefit from an evidence-based diet and lifestyle approach like The Fast 800 programme. Co-founded by Dr Michael Mosley, The Fast 800 online programme is designed to help members lose weight and regain their health with food, exercise and mindfulness guidance based on science. Poor-quality sleep is common among those who are overweight, and many of The Fast 800 online programme members report an improvement in their sleep and mood while following the programme. Learn more.