Warm Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Broccolini and Feta
Calories per serving: 367
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 6 tbsp. olive oil (for the olive oil dressing (4tbsp)
- 1 bunch of asparagus with ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch of broccolini with ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed, washed and cut into 2-inch ribbons
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. of juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Next, heat two tbsps. of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the asparagus, broccolini, kale and chilli flakes into the saucepan and cook until the asparagus is cooked through and kale has wilted (this should take approximately 5 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl.
- Once the asparagus, broccolini and kale have cooked, add them to a large serving bowl. Mix in the cooked quinoa, almonds, spring onions and feta. Pour over the dressing and toss the ingredients to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!